I love making this super healthy chocolaty treat for my daughter! She loves pretty much anything chocolate, so it’s easy to get her to eat this healthy treat and throw in some amazing super-food ingredients while I’m at it! It includes raw cocoa powder which is the form of chocolate that is actually good for you because it include tons of minerals and antioxidants. And the avocado, coconut milk and flax seed all provide tons of healthy fats which are so important for babies and children. Raw honey is a great choice for a sweetener (if baby is over one year) because it has all its enzymes, vitamins and minerals intact and has been shown to have antibacterial properties. This a treat you can feel good about feeding your kids 🙂
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup of canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. raw cocoa powder (an antioxidant and high in magnesium and other minerals)
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed (high in omega-3's and fiber)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix until creamy!
- That's it! A super easy HEALTHY chocolaty treat I think your little one will love!