I love making these southwestern style eggs when I’m feeling like something special! They have bacon in them, so you can’t go wrong!! I love topping them with fresh cilantro to really brighten them up. These were my dad’s favorite eggs that I always made for him when my parents would come to visit. I miss making them for him, but always have a good happy reminder of how much he liked them and how impressed he was when I make them now 🙂
- 5 eggs
- 4 strips of bacon, sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- sliced avocado
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add bacon and onions to pan on medium high heat and cook until bacon is crispy.
- Add red pepper and let soften for a minute or two.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add eggs and cook until done, stirring often.
- Add cilantro at end and mix together, and add salt or pepper if needed.
- Top with sliced avocado.
Mine usually needs a little extra salt because the bacon I get is very low sodium. I love how colorful this egg dish is, and it tastes as colorful in your mouth as well! Very bright and exciting flavors to start your day off!