I LOVE Thai food, especially anything with curry. The fruit in this red curry shrimp dish gives it that sweet and savory combo that is so delicious. It is not very spicy because I have to make things less spicy these days with the little one, but if you want it with more of a kick, add some sriracha!
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp
- 1 tsp. of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper. thinly sliced
- 8 oz. can of pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 tbsp. of chopped cilantro
- Add sliced onions to hot pan over medium high heat, with no oil, and cook until slightly browned.
- Move onions to the side and add coconut oil, cook shrimp about two minutes on each side.
- Add bell pepper and cook a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, red curry paste, pineapple with the juice and mango. Simmer for a about 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cilantro.
You can serve this on a plate, but I ended up eating it in a bowl because the juices were sooo yummy. You can also serve this over some cauliflower rice. I was going to try that and could have sworn I had one at home in my fridge, but I didn’t, so I will have to try that next time, but it definitely doesn’t need it and is amazing on its own!