*This is recipe #1 in my series of cooking with my Easy Shredded Crock Pot Chicken.
I wanted to try something new, and boy I’m glad I did! All I ever see is stuffed peppers with beef or sausage, and I thought that this shredded chicken (go check it out, it is SUPER easy) would make a great base for stuffed peppers. You can of course use any shredded chicken you would like though.
I pretty much love sun dried tomatoes in anything, and in this dish they really make it special. And the spinach makes it look so beautiful and colorful and is great for added nutrients! My daughter loved helping me make these and even liked eating them too!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 bell peppers halved
- 5 oz baby spinach (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease large glass baking pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. olive oil to large pan over medium low heat.
- Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted. Then add garlic, sun dried tomatoes and salt and pepper and cook until garlic is fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add chicken and combine. Just cook until everything is warmed, then stuff inside your bell peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.