Let’s face it, it’s tough to cook every meal from scratch, especially when you’re a busy mom, and that is why I LOVE this easy crock pot shredded chicken! Healthy home cooked food without added chemicals and preservatives is so important for good health, especially for children, and a crock pot makes it so much easier to cook a large amount of healthy food without doing very much!
Usually each week I prepare a giant pot of something, that will feed us for at least a few days. With this shredded chicken, I use it for just about everything, and it usually makes a good three or four meals out of it. It is fairly simple without added spices, because then you can use it in so many different recipes. It is so good on it’s own, you can even just eat a few bites for a quick snack. But I am going to show you 10 easy recipes you can use with this shredded chicken.
Confession: I LOVE butter! I think if you tolerate butter, go ahead and eat the heck out of it. A good quality grass-fed butter can be great for your health. Butter has fat soluble vitamins like A,D and K, which most people lack in their diets. These are very important for bone and dental health, eyesight, and many many other things. If you are sensitive to dairy, you could just use a little extra broth.
- 6 organic chicken breasts
- 8 tbsp butter (1/2 stick of Kerrygold)
- 1/4 cup homemade broth (or water)
- 2 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low for at least 6 hours. About 4 hours into cooking time, use a fork to shred the chicken. Press down with the fork like you are smashing it and it should be so tender that it will fall apart very easily. Then stir to incorporate with the juices and the butter. BE CAREFUL not to splash the juices on you, it will be hot!
- At the end, the chicken should have absorbed the juices and will be the most tender buttery chicken goodness you’ve ever tasted!
So all you have to do is make this and keep it in your fridge and you will be able to make a ton of different things with it. It makes it so easy because it is already cooked and you can just through something together in a flash.
Recipes to make with this chicken…
1. Stuffed Bell Peppers with spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
3. Stuffed Acorn Squash with kale and hazelnuts.
more coming soon!
Make sure you sign up below so you don’t miss the rest of the recipes I will be updating soon.
It will make your life so much easier!