This is recipe #2 using my easy crock pot shredded chicken.
I love a bright and fresh salad in the summertime. Using the shredded chicken in this Caribbean salad makes it taste so juicy and succulent. It is much tastier than just some dry plain chicken breast on top. And the pineapple, mandarin oranges and cranberries make it taste so refreshing and delicious!
This recipe was inspired by a Chilli’s salad that I love to eat, but don’t love all the unhealthy ingredients that they use. So instead I just “paleofy” them! So instead of all the unhealthy oils that they use in their dressing you are getting a healthy dose of omega 3s with this salad dressing. And instead of the high fructose corn syrup that most places use to sweeten their dressings, in here you have some healthy honey (I use raw honey) that is full of minerals.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ½ cup mandarin oranges (fresh or canned-drained)
- ½ cup pineapple segments (i used canned and drained the juice as well)
- ¼ cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- optional: black sesame seeds
- For the salad, add all ingredients to a large salad bowl top with dressing and toss. Add to bowls or plates and garnish with black sesame seeds.
- Juice of 1 mandarin orange (or ½ of a regular orange)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk with a fork.