Baklava is one of my favorite treats ever, so I decided I had to come up with an easier and healthier version, and these paleo baklava bites were the result! There are really not too many ingredients, especially if you leave out the dough, and then you don’t even need to bake them!! They are super-duper easy to make!
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pistachios shelled
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- a tiny bit of lemon zest (about 1/4 tsp.)
- pinch of salt if nuts were both unsalted
- Put all the nuts, cinnamon and lemon zest into a food processor and pulse until powdery but still slightly chunky.
- In a separate bowl mix butter, honey and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together and form into little balls. Set on parchment paper and put in fridge for at least 20 minutes to set.